2900 W. 131st Street,
Leawood, KS 66209 (816)718-4323
- Education Specialist, University of Missouri-Columbia
Learning Systems Design and Development
- Master of Arts, University of Missouri-Kansas City
Curriculum and Instruction-Educational Technology
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Missouri-Columbia
- United States Treasury (Internal Revenue Service),
Remittance Perfection Technician
- Charged with accountability for accounting, budgeting, auditing, and financial management to support fiscal operation.
- Examine accounts to verify accuracy of accounts and adequacy of supporting data.
- Prepare worksheets and reports to document examinations, discrepancies, and corrective entries required for adjusting accounts.
- Blue Valley School District
Board Advisory Committee Member
- Suggest topics of study concerning curriculum, instruction and educational programs to the Blue Valley Board of Education and administration.
- Participate in formal studies about curriculum, instruction and educational programs as assigned by the Blue Valley Board of Education and administration.
- Explore Blue Valley curriculum, instruction, and educational programs.
- Raise questions about curriculum, instruction, and educational programs that are being asked by Blue Valley patrons and staff.
- Share with community information that is learned about Blue Valley curriculum, instruction, and educational programs.
- Explore technology implementations in Blue Valley.
- Discuss perceived needs of the technology program.
- Provide feedback on major technology purchases, including the learning management and student information systems.
- Provide feedback that assists staff and the Board of Education with technology decision making.
- Allen Village School, Kansas City, MO
Educational Technologist and Classroom Teacher
- Assess learning and program optimals of the technology program.
- Design and implement innovative technology programs.
- Design, develop, and implement applied leaning lessons to support learning across the curriculum.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify learning goals and objectives necessary to meet state technology standards.
- Design and deliver technology application instruction.
- Create standard and multimedia materials to disseminate required information..
- Produce learning modules and assessment using the Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Develop traditional and project-based assessments to evaluate learning.
- Facilitate the training of staff on the use of various technology devices.
- Facilitate the training of staff on the use of software and the learning management systems.
- Analyze budget to direct purchase of computers, software, and peripheral devices.
- Develop and maintain a software library.
- Install computers and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor hardware problems.
- Collaborate with teachers in the development of multimedia projects to enhance learning.
- Blue Valley School District
Guest Teacher and Special Education Paraprofessional
This position included a long-term assignment as a lead teacher in the LIFT program.
- Assess the academic and social needs of individual students.
- Develop discrete trial training (DTT) instruction for each student.
- Analyze data to identify changes necessary for effective learning.
- Identify, design and/or obtain learning materials necessary for instruction.
- Train paraprofessional staff on implementing DTT instruction.
- Facilitate meetings with parents, professional support staff, and administrators to review individual and write individual education programs for each student.
- Teaching Credentials
- Kansas Elementary Education License
- Missouri Elementary Education License
- Missouri Special Education (Initial PC)
- Early Childhood Education (Initial PC)
- Library and Media Specialist (Pending Initial PC)
- Family and Consumer Science (Initial PC)
- Assistive Technology (Certificate)
- Curriculum and Instruction Advisory Committee
- Technology Advisory Committee
Educational Technologist and Classroom Teacher | E. F. Swinney Elementary School (Kansas City Public Schools)
Special Education Paraprofessional | Graden Elementary School (Park Hill School District)
- Professional Development
- Metropolitan Instructional Leadership Program
- National Association for Interpretation
- National Educational Computing Conferences
- School Attuned
- California State University, Northridge - Center on Disability Training
- Effective Online Tutoring, Oxford University, UK
- Community Service
- Wayside Waifs
- Girl Scouts of America